Finally, flash cards that’ll show me how I’m actually supposed to use dumbbells.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A stretching poster so you can incorporate new stretches in your routine to keep your muscles flexible, strong, and healthy. Stretching can also improve posture, which is something we could all use after working at home for a year. Can I get an Amen? 🙌🏾
Promising review: “I purchased this poster as a visual aid to go with my home gym setup. The poster is made out of medium thickness paper, the size is ideal, the print looks like it was printed on a commercial printer with quality colors, and the laminating has no bubbles between the sheet and paper.” —William Terrill
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
2. A pair of weighted bangles, as seen on Shark Tank, because even your workouts should be accessorized. Wearing wrist or ankle weights can be a beneficial way to intensify your workout by adding extra resistance to your movements.
Promising review: “These weights are incredible – absolutely stunning! Such great quality too. I got them for walking and yoga but I think I am going to wear them everywhere! They are very comfy and soft to the touch. And I LOVE the packaging. They come with a free bag to carry them in. I am definitely going to buy more colors.” —Jackie
Get a set of two 1-pound weights from Amazon for $49 (available in 10 colors).
3. A gallon water bottle with motivational markers so you can replenish your body after breaking a sweat and feel encouraged to stay hydrated.
Promising review: “I had been really struggling to hit my water goal each day, only managing it twice in all of June. But then I saw this beautiful ombre water bottle in a fitness group I’m a part of. I haven’t missed my water goal since having it! Apparently the first world problem of getting up to refill my water glass frequently throughout the day with cold, clean water from the kitchen was a serious barrier to my water intake. Having my daily goal (or most of it) with me at all times makes it so easy to make sure I’m drinking enough and I also use the goal times on the side to help keep me on track. The straw is removable and pops up when you open the hinged section of the lid. I loved it so much my boyfriend also got one and I’ve recommended it, and also seen it recommended by others several times, on the fitness boards. Highly recommend!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (available in 17 colors).
4. A foam roller, also known as a ~recovery roller,~ for cooling down and warming up. Foam rollers can be a really effective tool if you’re looking to relieve muscle tightness, soreness, and inflammation, too. A lot of reviewers say that when it comes to back pain, the foam roller has been a godsend.
Promising review: “I’ve used this roller at the fitness club and don’t understand what took me so long to order one for the home! Now I can massage my entire back and legs any time I want — after working out with weights, after a bike ride or walk, after pickle ball, and in the morning to help the stiff lower back! It feels and works great. So glad I bought it.” —Donna
Get it from Amazon for $10.49+ (available in four sizes and four colors).
5. A Series 6 Apple Watch you’ll definitely use every day because not only can it connect to your phone for text messaging and checking emails but it’s also filled with helpful fitness-tracking features such as monitoring your blood oxygen levels, measuring workouts, and monitoring your sleep.
Promising review: “I have owned more watches than I can readily count through the decades but, none of them are as helpful in tracking what is important to measuring my overall health and fitness. It offer access to a large portion of my iPhone apps. I particularly love the blood oxygen sensor, heart rate monitor, and sleep manager. I also enjoy the fact it automatically tells me when I have washed my hands long enough in this current pandemic. It is well worth the investment.” —Gerard McIntyre
Get it from Amazon for $299+ (available in two sizes and five colors).
6. A carseat jogging stroller combo in case you’re looking to ease back into your routine after welcoming a new bundle of joy.
Promising review: “I LOVE this stroller! This is our third jogging stroller and it is by far the lightest, easiest to turn/push, and smoothest ride for kids. I have not had a chance to install or use the car seat yet (our baby isn’t due until February), but I did use the stroller with my 28-pound 3-year-old and it was SO easy to use. I was able to push and turn her in it with only ONE hand. I’ve never had a jogging stroller that was not a workout itself just to use. I can’t wait to run with this thing. The car seat looks sturdy and trendy, but I’ll have to come back later to review that. The jogging stroller is worth the price alone, though!” —Taylor
Get it from Amazon for $179.99+ (available in 11 colors).
7. And yoga dice to make doing yoga fun. What pose will you start with today? *shakes dice* C’mon downward dog.
Promising review: “If you know yoga and have taken classes, this is a good way to vary your day-to-day routine. I was in a rut and had stopped practicing. These got me back on the mat. I roll all the dice at once then group standing poses, forward bends, back bends, and core work. I start with four or five rounds of sun salutations to warm up. Just my thoughts, everyone should tweak their practice to suite them.” —kathleen l hitt
8. A thick yoga mat ideal for people with sensitive wrists who love yoga but need more joint support. Thicker yoga mats are especially good for those who practice restorative yoga where they hold a specific pose for a longer amount of time.
Promising review: “Love love love love this!! I’m 5’10” with LONG legs, so regular mats don’t work for me. I step off them and they’re not big enough. This one is amazing…nice and thick. Once I washed/prepped it, there’s not slippage. You do have to wash/scrub it or it starts out pretty slick. But totally worth the money. I haven’t used any other of my mats since. Thinking about getting another one to leave at my office.” —Careyidaho
Get it from Amazon for $27.38+ (available in 42 styles).
9. A Ninja Foodi smoothie and smoothie bowl maker in case you incorporate protein shakes into your fitness routine. This appliance comes with to-go cups so you can blend and go, too.
Promising review: “Love this product! I have no chunks of ice, frozen fruits, or oatmeal in my smoothies! I love the compact design. It’s super easy to store away but small enough to keep on the counter without it being an eyesore. I’m happy with the one button press and I can walk away and finish getting stuff ready in the morning, and I don’t have to stand and wait for my smoothie to hold down a button or turn the blender off. Love the cups it comes with. They are a hard thick plastic and they seem like they will hold up well. I will be investing in more cups soon. Overall great product.” —Renee Rohlack
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
10. Wolven crossover leggings complete with pockets that melt over your silhouette for extreme comfort and style on your daily walks.
BTW — Wolven is a WOC-founded business that creates sustainable activewear and swimwear. The clothes are made from fabric from recycled plastic water bottles and the patterns come from geometry found in nature. Plus, for every sale, Wolven removes one pound of waste from the ocean.
“I’ve seen crossover-style leggings all over my For You Page on TikTok and they look so CUTE on everyone who wears them. These mayyyyy just be my new fave leggings. They’re high-waisted (legit the only kind I like) and have pockets on both sides which is perfect if I’m taking my dogs for a walk or running an errand and want to keep my phone on me at all times. I love where these hit me on my waist and honestly, these make me want to throw all my old leggings in the trash. If you’re in the market for new leggings, I HIGHLY recommend you give these a whirl.” —Ali Faccenda, BuzzFeed writer
Get them from Wolven for $98 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in seven colors).
A pair of ombre seamless leggings for a breathable fit that you’ll be thrilled you chose to wear during your outdoor workout routine.
12. A set of dumbbells to activate your muscles during your workout. They’ll also help to improve your balance and stabilization.
What’s cool about this set is that it comes with dumbbells in three different weights — 2 pounds, 3 pounds, and 5 pounds — and a dumbbell holder so you don’t have to worry about them being left on the floor and tripping over them. Ouch!
Promising review: “First I want to say how cute this is! It is very nice and sturdy. Perfect for my little home workout. I don’t lift heavy weights and these are just perfect for me. Plus it was packaged and handled carefully! It was so easy to assemble too, all you need is a screwdriver (but I just used a scissor to tighten the screws and voila!!)” —Danica Lopez
Get it from Amazon for $34.99 (available in different weights).
13. A deck of 50 exercise cards for visual learners to see exactly how to use your new dumbbells. Ah, so that’s the proper way to do a leg curl. 🧐
Promising review: “I love these cards! I’m a visual learner so these are perfect for me. I used a hole punch and put the cards on a metal ring for easier flip through. I take them to the gym with me and others have asked to use them, too!” —Billie Carvin
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
Infinity Glide sneakers reviewers say are some of the comfiest sneakers they’ve worn, which means they’re ideal for long walks and runs.
15. A weighted 2-pound fitness hoop to bring back all the fun nostalgia of your childhood while allowing you to put in your 20 minutes of cardio at the same time.
16. Or a smart weighted fitness hoop, a growing fave that uses a lightweight attached ball to add resistance to an easy, fun, and enjoyable workout.
Promising review: “I received this a couple of days ago and have used it 15 minutes twice a day. Like a previous comment said, you feel ridiculous but you come to love it! So quick and easy to put on. I work from home and getting out of my desk chair is something I’ve been wanting to do more of. This thing is actually fun to do on a break! No more changing into walking clothes or giving up a walk on a rainy or snowy day. Just put this thing on and workout in the comfort of your own home!” —Isaac
Get it from Amazon for $38.99+ (also available in pink).
A pair of biker shorts with the ability to take you from a high performance workout to a night out. The fabric has a nice shine that gives what would be considered a fitness garment, versatility for other wardrobe ensembles.
18. Just Dance 2021, a fun video game that lets you get a workout while dancing to some of your favorite songs. It’s pretty much just a really fun time that afterwards will make you say, “Wow, my body feels great!”
You can get this game for Nintendo, Playstation, or Xbox, Switch, and more.
Promising review: “This game is another great hit. It includes old greats from previous versions of the game and is overall a great thing to entertain yourself as far as fitness, or in general as a great family time activity.” —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $24.88.
19. Or, a Fitness Boxing 2 because after watching Creed you’re convinced that you have what it takes to be a fighter. At the least, you’ll get a good workout trying.
BuzzFeed editor Heather Braga loves this game. Here’s what she had to say:
“I admittedly am someone who thrives while working out at the gym, but there are many exercises I’ve been dying to try and don’t because I don’t want to embarrass myself. Boxing is one of them. Luckily, I can start practicing my skills (and break a decent sweat!) at home while playing this super fun game on the Nintendo Switch. I use this game as a way to mix up my exercises / when I don’t feel like venturing out to the gym. I have to say, it’s a SERIOUS workout. I’m usually sore for days after and have burnt up to 300 calories in 30 minutes! If you get tired of the provided songs, mute your TV and turn on your favorite workout playlist — a great hack, if you ask me! The newest version of this game will combine your stats with the original, so no worries if you’ve already been playing Fitness Boxing for years!”
Get it from Amazon for $49.68.
And try these Nintendo Switch grips to really pack a punch without worrying about the joy cons flying out of your hands.
20. A jump rope for a heart-healthy, low-risk workout. Did you know you can burn more calories jumping rope than an 8-mile run? #MindBlown
Promising review: “I got two of these for my husband and me for use in our home gym. We love them! It’s faster than our old rope and took a little getting used to — but once that happened we were in love! Vibrant colors, long handles, and fast movement. Perfect.” —Ashlyn Donahue
Get it from Amazon for $13.64.
21. A medicine ball that you can pass, shoot, and slam for a total body workout.
Promising review: “With a new baby I found myself doing a lot of upper body exercises while holding my little one. While this is a great upper body and potentially full-body workout, I found the baby to be a little too squirmy to be effective so I decided to pick up this medicine ball. It was a great choice. It’s grippy, compact, and effective. It also doesn’t have a tendency to spit up on me while doing chest presses, which is a big plus. Best part — this ball doesn’t complain if I accidentally drop it. Honestly — this is a great basic medicine ball. The rubber skin provides great grip. No ‘heavy spots,’ with the weight evenly distributed across the ball. There are plenty of quick exercises you can do at home to do a full-body workout with the benefit of building both slow-twitch and fast-twitch muscle. Ball seems plenty durable and should last a good long time. Great purchase. Thinking of buying another in a different weight.” —Todd W.
Get a 10-pound ball from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in five weights).
22. A set of long resistance bands that’ll be a fun addition to a yoga or Pilates routine but can also be used to stimulate the muscles and tone your upper and lower body.
23. An 11-piece set of resistance bands perfect for workouts in smaller spaces. Resistance bands help to focus your control and are a good alternative to workout machines.
You can work out SO many different parts of your body using these stretchy little guys — and you don’t even have to leave your bedroom.
Promising review: “I have had these for a few weeks now and I must say I’m thoroughly impressed with the packaging and quality of these bands. You get everything you see in the product pictures and it is exactly as advertised. There is an instructional pamphlet that details several different exercises possible with these bands with images of the different setups. The foam bars are sturdy and I had no trouble getting a good workout from using the bands with the bars. There isn’t really anything I can fault this product on. It is truly a terrific exercise product that will get you results if you put in the effort of using it. A plus is that it is so mobile and compact in the storage bag that I leave it by the television set so that I can get in a little exercise while I am watching.” —W. Kwok
Get it from Amazon for $21.98.
24. A weighted workout bar that’ll make you say, “Forget raising the roof; let’s raising the bar!”
Promising review: “I love the versatility of me being able to just pick up a different bar weight amount if the one I have is too heavy or too light instead of having to take weight plates on and off with a traditional barbell. They came in perfect condition! Will be buying more of different weight amounts.” —AM
Get it from Amazon for $35.99+ (available in 5–30 pounds or as a set).
25. A Pilates ring for added resistance and encouraging good form during your Pilates routine.
Promising review: “I am a great fan of the Pilates magic circle. I purchased this one to keep at the office. I like it because I can quickly do exercises by putting it between my ankles, above the knees, or in my hands. I can do a few quick exercises throughout the day to energize myself. This circle is sturdy, but not overly difficult to press. The cushioned pads feel nice on the palms and above the ankles where skin is sensitive.” —Aventurera Etermal
Get it from Amazon for $19.95+ (available in four colors).
26. A punching bag set because it’s not just a piece of fitness equipment, it’s also a great stress reliever. After a long day, you’d be surprised how good you feel after giving it a few punches.
Promising review: “This boxing machine is durable. It took me literally seven minutes to put together; it was so quick and easy. Gloves are an awesome added bonus. They are durable and comfy as well. This is a great buy for people who are looking for a nice workout but don’t want the gym. I live in an apartment. My neighbors can’t hear it below me so overall I say this is good quality for the price.” —Brittany L.
Get it from Amazon for $54.16+ (also available in a heavy duty set).
27. An exercise ball/chair combination that’ll let you get your workout on during your morning work meeting.
Want more than just an exercise ball? Meet your new office companion — the exercise ball chair. I sometimes get really antsy at work and find myself bouncing around. I might as well be doing it in a chair built for that, right?
Promising review: “Sitting is killing us. Every week that headline is somewhere. This chair is so much more than a punchline on Portlandia. I have used it for over a year in my office job and I am an active 39-year-old male. Funny looks? Sure. But it’s not for them; it’s about my health and lower lumbar strength. For the first few weeks I had a ‘regular’ chair close by, to ease the transition. Now I wish that I could take my chair with me to client locations. We slump so easily. I used to ‘sit’ with my chair rolled all the way under the desk leaned back so that my butt and shoulders were the only thing supported. This balance chair forces you to sit up straight and support yourself. It forces you to pop up out of your seat. It will force you to strengthen your legs, back, and shoulders. You will find yourself sitting more upright even when you are not using the chair. This chair is not for comfort. It is for you to get better.” —Micah
Get it from Amazon for $69.98 (available in seven colors).
You taking baby steps towards getting more active:
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!