Oven in self-clean mode causes Clarington house fire

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on facebook

Oven in self-clean mode causes Clarington house fire's Profile



Clarington Emergency and Fire Services is urging residents to be careful when using the self-cleaning feature on an oven.

This comes after house fire in Orono on Saturday afternoon.

While no one was injured, the home sustained significant damage to the kitchen and the back exterior.

“We’ve determined that the cause of the fire was a gas oven on self-clean mode,” said Fire Chief Gord Weir. “Never leave your oven unattended when you set the self-cleaning option. The cleaning process usually takes three to four hours, and the oven heats up to a very high temperature, which can become a potential fire hazard if you are not careful.”

Chief Weir issued some tips for homeowners using the self-cleaning function of their ovens:

·     Empty the contents of the oven before you start the self-clean cycle.

·     Once the oven is empty, use the automatic system to lock the oven door.

·     Before you press the button, you must be home for the three to four hours of the self-clean cycle. Don’t leave it unattended.

·     To avoid burns, wait for the oven to cool before you wipe it down

Go Back



Source link

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on facebook

Want to be a sponsor?

Fill in your details and we'll be in touch