Roll out of coronavirus contact tracing app delayed in Ontario  

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on facebook

Roll out of coronavirus contact tracing app delayed in Ontario  's Profile


A new mobile app meant to help with contact tracing of COVID-19 cases won’t roll out across Ontario Thursday as planned.

A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Health says the province is still working with the federal government and the app is expected to launch soon.

The province will be the first to use the COVID Alert app, but Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said it should be ready for downloading in the rest of the country later this summer.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

Premier Doug Ford says the app is meant to enhance the province’s contact tracing strategy.






Coronavirus: Ontario to pilot new COVID-19 contact tracing app


Coronavirus: Ontario to pilot new COVID-19 contact tracing app

He’s previously said it could play a key role in helping contain the spread of COVID-19 as more businesses reopen their doors.

Story continues below advertisement

The app will be voluntary, and will notify users based on a number of criteria, including if they were within two metres of a person who tests positive for the virus and if that contact took place over an extended period of time.

The province didn’t give a new date for the app’s launch.



© 2020 The Canadian Press





Source link

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on facebook

Want to be a sponsor?

Fill in your details and we'll be in touch